Tuesday, July 3, 2012

To Be In Want Of...

My wishlist is (in no particular order)...

To be more than I am. 
To live up to my fullest potential. 
To have so much wealth that I couldn't give it all away.
To smile daily and mean it.
To love without apprehension.
To expound without confusion. 
To dance like nobody's watching.
To have my daughter never experience the heartbreak I felt from her father. Ever.
To meet my mother in heaven.
To really, really be in love (for real).
To see my daddy happy.
To see my brother's and sister's attain the unattainable (I'm not the big dreamer of the family).
To cry tears of joy.
To sing like nobody's listening.
To vacation consistently.
To write so ferociously a true conscious thought that is so poignant, relevant, intriguing, gut-wrenching, heartfelt and raw that Obama has to inbox me and say..."Girl, you did that!".
To meet a man that can discuss social reform, WuTang, porcupine fur, their first kiss, orange peels and how beautiful my eyes are in one sitting (without breaking a sweat...my eyes make'em squirm).
To be at peace with every inconsistency.
To keep my car clean.
To process fear as renewed energy and adrenaline to tackle everything bigger than my current reality.
To have dinner with Phylicia Rashad.
To slam a door and mean it.

Besides that... I don't want much.

2 comments:

  1. "Obama has to inbox me and say..."Girl, you did that!". I love this line...I feel you will get there soon enough. As I read this I began to tear up. Not sure as to why but you plucked a bit at my heart strings. Urrrrrghhhh I shall smite you. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be gettin' all Eric Benet' on me = Sensitive.

      Why shalt thou smite me chick?!

      Delete